Blue Cheese FondueFrom noir 9 years ago
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme leaves shopping list
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic shopping list
- 2 cups heavy cream shopping list
- 1/2 pound Cambozola blue cheese, crumbled, or other blue cheese shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- *Fondue Pot* shopping list
- Serve with cubed French bread, vegetables, walnuts, apple wedges, figs, apricots etc. shopping list
How to make it
- In a small pan over medium-low heat, cook the butter, thyme, and garlic until the garlic is soft, about 2 minutes.
- Be careful not to let the garlic brown.
- Add the cream, raise the heat to medium, and bring the cream to a simmer.
- Cook until the cream is reduced by 1/3.
- Lower the heat to maintain a slow simmer.
- Add the cheese and stir until the cheese is melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Add the pepper and pour into a fondue pot set over low heat.
- Note: You can make this sauce a couple of hours in advance but reheat it very slowly to prevent separation.
The Cooknoir Boston, MA
The Rating5 people
Retro flash baby. Wonderful!jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
WOW! Tops! *giggle*pink in USA loved it
Oh this is up my alley... i'm adding this to my recipes... thank you!!!!midwestguy in Chicago loved it