Cranberry-almond BrieFrom greekgirrrl 6 years ago
- Pastry Ingredients: shopping list
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 cup butter, softened shopping list
- 1 (3-ounce) package cream cheese, softened shopping list
- Filling Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 (8-ounce) 4 1/4-inch diameter round brie cheese shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cranberry orange sauce shopping list
- 3 tablespoons chopped almonds, toasted shopping list
- Topping Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 egg shopping list
- 1 teaspoon water shopping list
- Dippers Ingredients: shopping list
- apple or pear slices shopping list
- crackers shopping list
- Added To Shopping List! shopping list
How to make it
- Combine flour, butter and cream cheese in large bowl.
- Beat at low speed, scraping bowl often, until mixture leaves sides of bowl and forms a dough.
- Divide dough in half; wrap in plastic food wrap.
- Refrigerate until firm (1 hour).
- Heat oven to 400F.
- Roll each half of dough on lightly floured surface to 1/8-inch thickness.
- Cut 8-inch circle from each half (save dough scraps for decoration). Place 1 circle onto ungreased baking sheet.
- Place Brie on center of pastry circle.
- Spread cranberry sauce over top of cheese; sprinkle with toasted almonds.
- Top with other pastry circle.
- Pinch edges of pastry to seal.
- Flute edges as desired
- . Decorate top with small pastry cut-outs.
- Beat egg with water in small bowl; brush top and sides of pastry. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from baking sheet immediately.
- Let stand 30 minutes to allow cheese to set.
- Cut into small wedges. Serve with apple slices and crackers.
- TIP: Do not remove outer rind of the Brie cheese. It is acceptable to eat and keeps the cheese contained inside pastry.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookgreekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
The Rating6 people
Wow... This is wonerful. Thanks, got my 5.berry in loved it
This is one of my favorite things to serve to company. Simple and very impressive.sunny in Portland loved it
Anything cranberry..I'm there! This is great to serve for any occasion, but I'm definitely going to serve it for Thanksgiving.
Thanks bunches for a great recipe!
Five Fork-fulls for YOU. GG... :D
Debbiepinkpasta in Upstate loved it
Checkin Central283 members
Friends In The Kitchen312 members
TRAILER PARK BRAWLERS49 members
OoLaLa Cookin French Like The French Cook French43 members
Heat In The Kitchen315 members
Grouprecipes Rocks149 members
Checkins Round Table39 members
Just A Chat21 members
Fast Food20 members