Crab MornayFrom greekgirrrl 5 years ago
- 1 to 1-1/4 pounds fresh or frozen cooked crab legs (1-1/2 cups cooked crabmeat) shopping list
- 1 10-ounce package (6) frozen pastry shells shopping list
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 1 small leek, sliced, or 1/2 cup sliced green onion shopping list
- 1 clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- Dash white pepper shopping list
- 2 cups half-and-half, light cream, or milk shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded swiss cheese (2 ounces) shopping list
- 1/2 cup shredded process swiss cheese (2 ounces) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry shopping list
- Fresh chives (optional) shopping list
- Fresh thyme (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Thaw crab, if frozen. (Ask your butcher to crack fresh crab legs for you. Otherwise, use kitchen shears to crack them open.) Remove crabmeat from shells and cut up. Set aside.
- Bake pastry shells according to package directions.
- In a medium saucepan cook mushrooms, leek or green onion, and garlic in butter until tender but not brown.
- Stir in flour and white pepper.
- Add half-and-half, light cream, or milk all at once.
- Cook and stir until mixture is thickened and bubbly; cook and stir for 1 minute more.
- Reduce heat.
- Add natural Swiss cheese and process Swiss cheese to cream mixture; stir until melted.
- Stir in crabmeat and dry sherry.
- Heat through; do not boil.
- Serve immediately in pastry shells.
- Garnish with fresh chives and thyme, if desired.
- Makes 6 servings.
The Cookgreekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
The Rating4 people
I love crab meat! Sounds wonderful!uk2nyc in Milano, Italy loved it
sounds great. i would think chicken would work with this or just a vegetarian version with more mushrooms should work.cheryilyn in Salem loved it