German Chocolate Cheesecake -Cheesecake FactoryFrom henrie 6 years ago
- CHEESECAKE: shopping list
- 3 pkgs (8 oz each) cream cheese, softened and cut into chunks shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1/4 cup dairy sour cream shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- chocolate CAKE: shopping list
- 4 oz unsweetened chocolate shopping list
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 4 eggs shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups flour shopping list
- chocolate glaze for sides(see below) shopping list
- German chocolate Topping (see below) shopping list
- whipped cream for garnish (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- For cheesecake, in bowl of electric mixer or in food processor fitted with metal blade, blend together cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, 2 eggs, sour cream and vanilla until smooth. Set aside.
- To make chocolate cake, in large microwave safe bowl, combine chocolate and butter. Microwave on high (100 percent) power 2 to 3 minutes, or until just melted. Cool slightly.
- With fork, beat in 2 cups sugar, 4 eggs and vanilla until smooth. Add flour and mix until blended.
- Spoon into well-greased 9 1/2-inch springform pan, spreading evenly. Carefully, spread cheese mixture evenly over top of chocolate batter.
- Bake in preheated 425-degree oven 15 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees and continue baking 55 to 60 minutes. Turn oven off, open oven door and let cake cool completely to room temperature in oven. Refrigerate until well chilled.
- Remove sides from springform. Invert cake onto serving plate, so cheesecake is on bottom and chocolate cake is on top.
- Spread sides with Chocolate Glaze. Spread top evenly with German Chocolate Topping. Refrigerate until serving time. Garnish with whipped cream, if desired.
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE:
- In small microwave-safe bowl combine 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips with 2 tablespoons whipping cream. Microwave on high power 45 to 60 seconds. Beat until smooth. Spread on sides of cheesecake.
- GERMAN CHOCOLATE TOPPING:
- In small microwave-safe bowl, beat 2 egg yolks.
- Stir in 2/3 cup sugar, 1/3 cup butter (cut into small pieces) and 2/3 cup whipping cream.
- Microve on high power 4 minutes, stirring every minute. Remove from microwave and stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla. Stir in 1 cup flaked coconut and 1 cup chopped pecans until well blended.
- Refrigerate until mixture is of spreading consistency.
People Who Like This Dish 30
The Cookhenrie Savannah, GA
The Rating12 people
this gets a 5 here - right down to the german chocolate topping - this is an awesome recipe thanks for sharing Henrie!!ravenseyes in Belcamp loved it
I have to agree. This one is a definite 5, way to go Henrie.chefmeow in Garland loved it
Oh boy oh boy... love cheesecake factory!! got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it