Hummus With Roasted Red Peppers And Oven Roasted GarlicFrom curryking 8 years ago
- Two 1-pound 3-ounce cans chick-peas, drained and rinsed shopping list
- 1 head of garlic (medium sized) shopping list
- 2/3 cup well stirred tahini shopping list
- 1/2 8oz jar roasted red peppers (just the peppers leave the juice) shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh key lime juice, or to taste (you can use lemon juice as well) shopping list
- 1/4 cup olive oil, or to taste shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- On a cutting board cut the tips of the garlic cloves with a knife. Take the first layer of skin off but leave the head intact.
- In a small oven-proof container place the head of garlic and lightly drizzle with olive oil (I use a small souffle cup. Bake at 350 degrees F until garlic is soft to the touch and gives when poked with a fork. After done let cool and squeeze the roasted garlic "paste" into the food processor
- In a food processor purée the chick-peas with the garlic paste, the tahini, the lemon juice, 1/4 cup of the oil, and 1/2 cup water, and the peppers scraping down the sides, until the hummus is smooth.
- add salt and pepper to taste. Add water, if necessary, to thin the hummus to the desired consistency and transfer the hummus to a bowl
- Serve with pitas pieces or flat bread of choice
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cookcurryking Gainesville, FL
The Rating4 people
Very good recipe for hummus.. thanksgreekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Yummmmus Hummmmus!!!! :) Thanks for the great recipe!!!! :)
~Melindabakermel in Topeka loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!