Easy Fresh Strawberry PieFrom thepiggs 6 years ago
- 1 baked nine-inch pie shell shopping list
- 2 pounds quality strawberries (you’ll have some extra berries to snitch or use for garnish) shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- couple drops red food coloring (optional) shopping list
- 1 cup whipping cream shopping list
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar shopping list
How to make it
- Prick the surface of the pie crust with the tines of fork to allow for steam to escape and avoid bubbles in the crust. Bake the crust for eight to twelve minutes or until it just starts to brown.
- Wash and hull the strawberries. Do not allow the strawberries to sit in water since they will absorb water and make the pie runny. Mash enough strawberries to make about one cup of pulp.
- Combine the sugar, cornstarch, crushed strawberries, and water in a saucepan. Stir well and cook over medium heat until the mixture begins to boil, stirring often. Cook for two more minutes or until the sauce becomes thick and translucent.
- Stir in the butter. Add the red food coloring if desired. Set it aside to cool.
- In the meantime, fill the cooled pie shell with strawberries. If the strawberries are small, use whole berries. If not, cut the strawberries into chunks. Pour the cooled glaze over the berries. Let the pie chill for 2 to 3 hours.
- Whip the cream until peaks form, adding the powdered sugar when the cream begins to stiffen. After the pie has chilled, garnish the pie with whipped cream.
People Who Like This Dish 30
The Cookthepiggs MO
The Rating7 people
Yum one of my favorites, can hardly wait for good fresh strawberries to come in season again.henrie in Savannah loved it
very close to my strawberry glazed pie (recipe 50 years old) we have made for years at our house...though we will usually strain the glaze - but you are so right, this pie is a super amazing one, looks fantastic too and holds up well. Super great is ...moredivaliscious in Dutchess County loved it
Tasted good but never sat up . . . was runny and hard to slice. Ended up using as an ice cream topping so not a total waste!kjseemann in loved it