Baked Green TomatoesFrom dixiediner 6 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a baking dish.
- Cut tomatoes into 1/2 inch slices.
- Arrange half the tomato slices in a single layer in prepared dish. Sprinkle half the breadcrumbs, half the salt and pepper and half the butter over tomato slices.
- Repeat for second layer. Top with cheese.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes, until tender.
The Cookdixiediner MS
The Rating6 people
Oh this is a good recipe!!! I love green tomatoes in all kinds of dishes. Fried, in chutney, baked with cheese, in mincemeat and stewed. YUMMY
notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
I love the ease of this recipe and how delicious it looks too.
Michaeltrigger in loved it
I'll definitely give this a try:)orangeskipper in Redding loved it
I Like Food82 members
Back To Basics345 members
Southern Essentials223 members
Grandma Junes Kitchen85 members
Southern Cooks553 members
Good Down Home Southern Food194 members
Basic Essentials57 members
Seasonally Summer70 members
Garden Harvest90 members
Anything Goes286 members