Baked Stuffed FlounderFrom wolfpackjack 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 2 Tbsp chopped parsley shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions with tops shopping list
- 1/2 lb shrimp, boiled and chopped shopping list
- 1 (or more) clove garlic, minced shopping list
- 1 egg, slightly beaten shopping list
- 3/4 cup butter shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups moistened unseasoned croutons shopping list
- 1/2 cup crabmeat shopping list
- salt, pepper and cayenne pepper shopping list
- 4 medium sized flounder, washed,scaled, with heads removed.. shopping list
How to make it
- In a large skillet or saucepan, saute celery, onions, and garlic in 1/4 cup butter over low heat.
- In a large bowl, mix bread cubes, shrimp, crabmeat, parsley, and egg well.
- Season to taste with salt, black and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
- Split the thick side of the flounder lengthwise and crosswise forming a cross; loosen meat from bone to form a pocket for stuffing.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter the brush fish well with the melted butter, salt and pepper.
- Fill flounder pockets with seafood stuffing mixture.
- Melt remaining 1/4 cup butter in shallow baking pan. Place fish in pan, making sure not to overlap.
- Cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes, until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove foil and bake another 5 minutes.