Country Scalloped PotatoesFrom silverqueen 9 years ago
- 1-1/2 lbs. small red potatoes shopping list
- 6 Tbsp. butter divided shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. white pepper shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups milk shopping list
- 1 cup (4-oz.) shredded extra sharp cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced shopping list
- 3/4 cup crushed French's French fried onions shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 1 qt. casserole dish.
- Place potatoes in 2 qt. saucepan, add enough water to cover. Bring to a boil over high heat. Cook uncovered until partially done, about 10 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water until potatoes are cool. Drain and set aside.
- Melt 4 Tbsp. butter in medium saucepan. Add flour, salt ans white pepper, stirring until smooth.
- Gradually add the milk, stirring constantly until the sauce is thickened. Add the cheeses, stirring until melted.
- Cut red potatoes crosswise into 1/4" thick slices. layer 1/3 of potatoes in prepared dish. Top with 1/3 of green onions and 1/3 of the cheese sauce. Repeat layers twice, ending with sauce.
- Melt remaining butter. combine crushed French's French fried onions and butter in small bowl. Sprinkle evenly over the casserole.
- Bake uncovered until hot and bubbly and potatoes are tender, about 40 minutes.