The Farmers Wife Pecan CookiesFrom jett2whit 6 years ago
- 1 1/4 Cups plain all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 stick butter (no margarine) shopping list
- 1 1/4 Cups light brown sugar(firmly packed) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla shopping list
- 1 egg, beaten shopping list
- 1 Cup pecans, chopped medium fine shopping list
- 36 pecan halves shopping list
How to make it
- Sift flour, baking soda and salt into a bowl and set aside.
- Melt butter over low heat.
- Remove from heat and stir in sugar using a wooden spoon.
- Add vanilla, egg and finally the dry ingredients, stirring until smooth.
- Stir in chopped pecans last.
- Place rounded teaspoons of dough 2" apart on foil lined cookie sheets.
- Gently press pecan half into each.
- Bake for 12 - 14 minutes.
- Cool on racks.
- These freeze well.
People Who Like This Dish 17
- ruskingirl Harrison Twp
- ahmed1 Cairo, EG
- krystynainsydney Bondi Junction, AU
- mscocobrown New Orleans, LA
- greekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
- zanna MOUNT CLEMENS, MI
- drocean San Antonio, TX
- cajunspices66 Pineville, LA
- cher3231 Denham Springs, LA
- flavors Algonquin, IL
- Plus 7 othersFrom around the world!
The Cookjett2whit Union City, GA
The Rating6 people
It seems that we will get some good pecan recipes from you..Thanksahmed1 in Cairo loved it
I love pecan cookies...yum. Thanks for the post.ruskingirl in Harrison Twp loved it
Another great one. Luv the fact that they are freezeable.Thanks:)zanna in MOUNT CLEMENS loved it