Baked Tilapia with Garlic Lime and CilantroFrom mrspotatohead 8 years ago
- ½ cup lime juice shopping list
- 1 to 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced shopping list
- 1 to 2 fresh jalapeno peppers, chopped, seeds removed, if desired shopping list
- 1 tablespoon finely snipped fresh cilantro leaves or 1 teaspoon dried cilantro shopping list
- 1 to 2 tsp. grated fresh lime peel (optional) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon honey (optional) shopping list
- salt and cayenne pepper to taste shopping list
- 1½ to 2 pounds tilapia fillets or other mild white fish fillets shopping list
- 1 to 2 chopped firm ripe tomatoes (optional) shopping list
- paprika and thin lime slices for garnish (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- In a deep medium glass or ceramic bowl, combine all ingredients except fish fillets tomatoes and garnish, blending well.
- Arrange fish fillets in the marinade, coating each piece well.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for about 1 hour, turning fish fillets occasionally. Drain off marinade, reserving marinade for basting fish.
- Arrange fish fillets in a baking dish.
- Baste fillets liberally with marinade.
- Top with tomatoes if using.
- Bake, loosely covered with aluminum foil, in a preheated moderate oven (350'F.) for 20 to 25 minutes or until fillets are opaque in color and flake easily with a fork, basting occasionally with marinade.
- Garnish with a sprinkle and thin slices of lime if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 11
The Cookmrspotatohead Minneapolis, MN
The Rating2 people
This was amazing!! That marinade for the tilapia is perfect and so flavorful!! This is now one of my favorite tilapia recipes...thanks!! Hope you don't mind that I added my pic.!mommyluvs2cook in Santa Fe loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!