Plain Italian CookiesFrom jett2whit 6 years ago
- 1 stick butter shopping list
- 4 heaping Tablespoons Crisco shortening shopping list
- 1 1/2 Cups white sugar shopping list
- 5 unbeaten eggs shopping list
- 6 1/2 Cups regular all-purpose flour shopping list
- 4 heaping teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1 Cup milk shopping list
- 2 1/2 Tablespoons vanilla shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream butter , the 4 Tablespoons shortening and 1 1/2 Cups sugar.
- Mix well.
- Add the 5 unbeaten eggs, flour, and baking powder. Mix well
- Add milk and vanilla - mix well.
- Batter will be very thick.
- Drop by teaspoons on a cookie sheet. ( I don't remember my mother greasing the pan)
- Have some powdered sugar and food coloring set aside for decorating your cookies.
- Yield 12 dozen cookies
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 12 - 15 minutes.
- Do not brown cookies and do not overbake!
People Who Like This Dish 12
The Cookjett2whit Union City, GA
The Rating6 people
I don't know why these are called "plain" Jett. These sound really rich and tastey, too! Love'em! Thanks for another keeper of a recipe!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it
great tasty deeeelicous recipe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I made your recipe last night, Jett. There isn't one cookie left on the plate this morning! (I think the Midnight Muncher finished them off!)These were really good and I'll be making another batch this afternoon! Never can have enough good cookies ar...moreannieamie in Los Angeles loved it