Banana cream cookiesFrom ahmed1 5 years ago
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 250 g/1 ¼ cups soft light brown sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 100 ml/ 1/2 cup sunflower oil shopping list
- 90 g / ½ cup crème fraiche (I substitute it with equal heavy cream and sour cream mixture) shopping list
- 200g / 1 ¾ cups plain flour shopping list
- 200g / 1 ¾ cups self – raising flour shopping list
- 50 g / 2 ½ cups frosted cornflakes shopping list
- 2 bananas, peeled and chopped shopping list
- powder sugar for sifting shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 180 C/350 F. Line two or three baking sheets with parchment. Put the eggs and brown sugar in a large bowl and whisk till blended. Stir in the vanilla. Add the oil and crème fraiche and stir in well. Add the flour and mix well .Cover and chill for 30 minutes.
- Put the frosted cornflakes in a large bowl .Remove the cookie dough from the refrigerator and stir in the bananas .Using a tablespoon or a teaspoon, drop heaps into the flakes. Lightly toss so each cookie is well coated, then remove and place on the prepared baking sheets. Flatten very slightly with your fingertips.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until risen and golden brown and crispy. Transfer the cookies to a wire rack and sift some icing (powder) sugar. Serve while still warm. You may drizzle some clear honey if you like.
People Who Like This Dish 19
The Cookahmed1 Cairo, EG
The Rating11 people
Wow.... Bananas, creme fraiche... corn flakes, this is very original!!!! Unique! Thanks again, again and again..... Thanks God we are not tasting your recipes, we would say bye diet.berry in loved it
Interesting! Different! Yummy!May I come over for tea???liezel in Bloemfontein loved it
salaams Ahmed another awesome post
how does your wife remain so thin with all the delicious goodies you make daily? :)
have a blessed day
Mumtazmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it