Italian Sausage Spaghetti SauceFrom frankieanne 8 years ago
- 1 lb. italian sausage, ground (or removed from link casings) shopping list
- 1/2 of a medium onion, chopped shopping list
- 5 roma tomatoes (I squeezed the seeds out) shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled shopping list
- 4 fresh basil leaves (or 1/2 tsp. dried) shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 2 Tbs. tomato paste (I keep a tube in the refrigerator) shopping list
- 1 lb. spaghetti, cooked and drained shopping list
- Grated parmesan cheese shopping list
How to make it
- In large skillet, cook sausage and onion 7 to 10 minutes on medium high heat. Drain off fat.
- In blender or food processor, puree tomatoes, garlic, basil, salt, pepper and olive oil until smooth.
- Add sauce to drained sausage and onion and stir together. Add tomato paste and stir to combine. Simmer on medium low heat 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add sauce to cooked and drained pasta. Top with grated cheese.
The Cookfrankieanne Ukiah, California
- Not added to any groups yet!