Lil Piggy Biscuits Stuffed With Ham And CheeseFrom ddougee 5 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven for 400
- Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick spray
- Open Italian bread dough and roll out on counter-top.
- Using a "round" cookie cutter or lid from a peanut butter jar, cut out as many circles as you can get out of the dough.
- Place one dough cut-out on the cookie sheet. Top with a teaspoon sized portion of ham and cheddar cheese. Cover with a second round dough cut-out and crimp the edges together tightly.
- Cut out small triangles from the left over dough and position on dough circles to form the pig ears.
- Using a bottle cap, cut out small dough circles and place in center of pig's head to form the nose.
- Using a knife, press slits in the nose portion to create nostrils. Chop rosemary sprigs into short lengths and press into nostril slits to give them more definition.
- Use two peppercorns and press into place to create the eyes.
- Crack egg into a bowl and mix together briskly to make an egg wash. Using a pastry brush, coat each piggy face with egg wash.
- Repeat so that all the dough is used up.
- Place cookie sheet in oven for about 10 minutes or until they start to brown.
- Remove cookie sheet and using a spatula transfer each pig biscuit to a plate. Serve immediately.
- Determine if your kids are good enough children to go through the trouble to make these again!! =0)
People Who Like This Dish 15
The Cookddougee Chester, MD
The Rating6 people
These are just too cute! They sound yummy. Super post Ddougee.chihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
Those are just the cutest little biscuits I have ever seen. I want to eat those lil' piggies right up...ha! Ddougee hon, you are one clever guy and ingenious cook. I like your doggie, too. Way to go!!lunasea in Orlando loved it
I just printed this out with the picture...this is going to be fun....lunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!