Pad ThaiFrom tippystclair 6 years ago
- Line up these ingredients on your worktop IN THIS ORDER: shopping list
- 2Tbsp veg or peanut oil shopping list
- 1 med red or white onion, chopped shopping list
- 150g/6oz uncooked shrimp (you may use frozen cooked shrimp but make sure you thaw and drain) OPTIONAL shopping list
- 150g/6oz tofu, cubed shopping list
- 1 package (2 sachets) pad thai noodles shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- A handful of beansprouts shopping list
- 1Tbsp sugar shopping list
- 2Tbsp fish sauce (nam plau) shopping list
- The juice of 1 small lime shopping list
- 4Tbsp thai chili dipping sauce OR 1 Tbsp chili powder shopping list
- 4Tbsp roughly chopped peanuts shopping list
- A few fresh coriander leaves, chopped shopping list
How to make it
- Heat OIL in a large wok (hot but not smoking).
- Stir fry ONION until golden brown, 4 minutes.
- Stir in SHRIMP and TOFU, cook until shrimp is pink and tofu is browned.
- Add NOODLES and stir until heated through.
- Add 2 EGGS and quickly stir until cooked and mixed with noodles.
- Add BEANSPROUTS, SUGAR, FISH SAUCE, LIME JUICE and CHILI DIPPING SAUCE or CHILI POWDER and stir through, mixing well.
- Turn off heat to wok.
- Sprinkle with PEANUTS and CHOPPED CORIANDER.
- Serve in flat bowls with extra lime juice, peanuts and beansprouts available for garnish (optional).
- (You will need to use two large mixing/ kitchen spoons to cook and toss the ingredients in the wok.)
People Who Like This Dish 48
The Cooktippystclair North Hollywood, GB
The Rating13 people
Another winner!! Thank you for the post!pleclare in Framingham loved it
I always thought it was so complicated to make Pad Thai but this seems pretty simple and healthy. Thank you for the post, I can't wait to try it.jabec in Kingston loved it
wow great recipe love it.momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!