Rustic Fruit and Chocolate Bread PuddingFrom noir 9 years ago
- 2 cups stale crusty bread, torn into small pieces shopping list
- 2 oz semi sweet chocolate chips shopping list
- 1 cup raspberries (frozen or fresh) or strawberries/mixed berries shopping list
- 1 ripe banana, mashed shopping list
- 2 cups milk shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- Optional: Use apricots instead of berries! shopping list
How to make it
- Place half of the torn bread in a greased casserole dish, spread the raspberries/mixed berries and mashed bananas on top.
- Then layer the remaining torn bread on top of that.
- Heat milk in a small saucepan. Add chocolate chips and stir until melted. Let cool slightly. Mix in eggs, vanilla and salt.
- Pour milk and egg mixture over the bread and let sit for a few minutes.
- Bake 350F for about 50 minutes until set. Let sit for about 15 minutes before serving.
- Top with chocolate sauce and whipped cream.
The Cooknoir Boston, MA
The Rating8 people
Oh, I'm in heaven. This is a super great recipe. I may add just a touch of grand marnier. Thanks, Noir!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Sounds delicious, I love looking at your postings. They make a lot of cherry things here, I will have to try it with cherries too, cant wait!!princesa9580 in ******* loved it
This is amazing!smooch in America loved it