Butter Pecan CakeFrom jett2whit 7 years ago
- 2/3 Cup butter or margarine (butter, please!!) shopping list
- 1 1/3 Cups white granulated sugar shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 2 Cups all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2/3 Cup milk shopping list
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla shopping list
- 1-1/3 Cups chopped pecans, toasted, divided shopping list
- butter pecan frosting shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons butter or margarine (you know what I'm gonna say...) shopping list
- 3 Cups confectioners sugar (powdered sugar) shopping list
- 3 Tablespoons milk shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla.....(go ahead and use a whole teaspoon!) shopping list
How to make it
- *How to toast pecans;
- To toast 1-1/3 Cups chopped nuts, pour 3 Tablespoons melted butter or margarine into a baking pan. Stir in nuts. Bake at 350 degrees F. for 10 minutes, stirring twice. Cool. Use as directed in recipe below.
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until light & fluffy
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk.
- Stir in vanilla and 1 Cup toasted pecans (See how to toast pecans*)
- Pour batter into two greased & floured 8-in. round baking pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Butter Pecan Frosting;
- Cream butter and sugar in a mixing bowl.
- Add milk and vanilla; beat until light & fluffy. Add additional milk if needed.
- Stir in remaining pecans.
- Spread between the layers and over the top and sides of cake.
People Who Like This Dish 20
The Cookjett2whit Union City, GA
The Rating5 people
Great recipe, made it for my mum's birthday and she loved it.
Picture... http://twitpic.com/4dvtnlchittlefication in Cwmbran loved it
Another great cake love that butter cream frosting with pecans.
five forkstrigger in loved it
I'm making this now!!! Great recipe, Jett! This is going to be our dessert tonight! Thanks for another wonderful recipe! You're the best!annieamie in Los Angeles loved it