Greek Salad Pita SandwichesFrom lunasea 7 years ago
- Vinaigrette: shopping list
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar shopping list
- ~~~~ shopping list
- 1 1/4 cups chopped seeded plum or cherry tomatoes shopping list
- 1 cup diced seeded peeled cucumber shopping list
- 1 cup chopped green bell pepper shopping list
- 2/3 cup chopped red onion shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped radishes shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh Italian parsley shopping list
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese (about 4 1/2 ounces) shopping list
- Optional: 1/4 cup chopped cilantro shopping list
- 4 8-inch-diameter whole wheat pita breads, halved shopping list
How to make it
- Make Vinaigrette:
- Whisk olive oil and red wine vinegar in large bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Make Salad:
- Mix tomatoes, cucumber, bell pepper, red onion, radishes, and parsley (and cilantro, if using it) into dressing.
- Stir in feta cheese.
- **NOTE: Salad can be made 2 days ahead. Cover and chill.
- Using slotted spoon, transfer salad mixture to pita bread halves. Serve sandwiches immediately.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cooklunasea Orlando, FL
The Rating10 people
Thanks for the post. I've had a version of this and it's great, love all the flavors going on here. When I had this it was with cilantro and was very good too.grandmommy in Nashville loved it
Lovely. Thanks Lunny.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
thanks Vickie will try it with cilantro ,my favourite herb
have an awesome day !!!!!!!!
!Mumtazmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it