Sauteed Potatoes with OlivesFrom greekgirrrl 8 years ago
- 1/2 cup olive oil shopping list
- 2 pounds waxy potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch rounds shopping list
- 4 medium onions, sliced shopping list
- 8 garlic cloves, unpeeled shopping list
- salt shopping list
- pepper shopping list
- 2 to 4 thyme sprigs shopping list
- 1/2 cup black olives, pitted shopping list
- 1/2 cup green olives, pitted shopping list
- 1/2 cup pine nuts shopping list
- A generous handful of shredded fresh basil shopping list
How to make it
- Heat the olive oil in a large sauté pan until quite hot.
- Add the potatoes, onions, and garlic, stirring to coat. Season with salt and pepper, and add the thyme sprigs.
- Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the onions are soft and the potatoes tender and golden, about 30 minutes.
- Toss in the olives and pine nuts, stirring to warm them.
- Check the seasonings, toss in the basil, then tilt all into a serving bowl.
The Cookgreekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
The Rating5 people
This sounds wonderful, thanks for the post.ruskingirl in Harrison Twp loved it
This sounds so good...this recipe was made for me...you have such an eclectic collection of recipes greekgirrrl...where do you find them all?debwin in Toronto loved it