Carmalized banana with rum sauceFrom saucylady 9 years ago
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 banana, halved lengthwise, then crosswise shopping list
- 2 teaspoons packed brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tablespoons rum (preferably dark) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons water shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sliced or chopped nuts, toasted shopping list
- Accompaniment: vanilla ice cream shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in a 10-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until foam subsides, then sauté banana, cut sides down, shaking skillet, 1 minute.
- Remove skillet from heat (away from flame) and sprinkle brown sugar around banana, then pour rum around banana. Return skillet to heat and continue to sauté, shaking skillet occasionally, until sugar begins to melt, about 30 seconds.
- Add water, nutmeg, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt and cook over moderate heat, shaking skillet occasionally, until sauce is slightly thickened, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve banana hot, sprinkled with nuts.
The Cooksaucylady Canton, OH
The Rating8 people
This looks devine, Thanks for sharing .
malakmlk_ in Brooklyn loved it
Love the dark rum when I make this recipe. Love those bananas cooked this way so yummy!
five starstrigger in loved it
looks awesome high 5 from meglennk in Dalmeny loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!