Golden Gruyere And Basil Tortillas QuesadillasFrom lindaklim 7 years ago
How to make it
- Heat frying pan over medium heat.
- Lightly butter one side of one tortilla and place in pan - buttered side down.
- Quickly arrange half the Gruyere slices and basil on top of the tortilla.
- Optional: Add half the chopped chicken if you want. Makes this more of a meal than a snack. I usually use leftover rotisserie chicken from the previous night's meal.
- Lightly butter one side of a second tortilla and place on top to make a sandwich - buttered side up.
- When the bottom tortilla is looking golden and crispy (should be close by the time you add the tortilla on top), use a spatula to flip the whole thing over.
- Cook a few minutes until the new bottom tortilla is also golden and crispy.
- Slide the whole thing onto a chopping board or plate and let it rest while you make the second one.
- Cut into wedges (I use a pizza cutter) and serve immediately.
- Refrigerate leftovers and enjoy for lunch! I like to eat the leftovers cold, but I suppose you could just reheat in a microwave.
The Cooklindaklim Austin, TX
The Rating4 people
This looks good. I love Gruyere cheese. I've saved this.frankieanne in Ukiah loved it
I've had this bookmarked since it was posted and finally got around to it tonight. I only made on for my dinner and ate it all (I'm stuffed) but am now wishing I had made another as I think these would be great cold. Made it exactly as written and ...morefrankieanne in Ukiah loved it
pointsevenout in Athens loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!