Golden Gruyere And Basil Tortillas QuesadillasFrom lindaklim 9 years ago
How to make it
- Heat frying pan over medium heat.
- Lightly butter one side of one tortilla and place in pan - buttered side down.
- Quickly arrange half the Gruyere slices and basil on top of the tortilla.
- Optional: Add half the chopped chicken if you want. Makes this more of a meal than a snack. I usually use leftover rotisserie chicken from the previous night's meal.
- Lightly butter one side of a second tortilla and place on top to make a sandwich - buttered side up.
- When the bottom tortilla is looking golden and crispy (should be close by the time you add the tortilla on top), use a spatula to flip the whole thing over.
- Cook a few minutes until the new bottom tortilla is also golden and crispy.
- Slide the whole thing onto a chopping board or plate and let it rest while you make the second one.
- Cut into wedges (I use a pizza cutter) and serve immediately.
- Refrigerate leftovers and enjoy for lunch! I like to eat the leftovers cold, but I suppose you could just reheat in a microwave.
The Cooklindaklim Austin, TX
The Rating4 people
This looks good. I love Gruyere cheese. I've saved this.frankieanne in Somewhere loved it
This sounds great!chihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
I've had this bookmarked since it was posted and finally got around to it tonight. I only made on for my dinner and ate it all (I'm stuffed) but am now wishing I had made another as I think these would be great cold. Made it exactly as written and ...morefrankieanne in Somewhere loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!