Asian Mixed Vegetable RelishFrom danadooley 8 years ago
- 2 medium cucumbers - quarter lengthwise, discard core and slice across to resemble very thick julienne shopping list
- 1 medium carrot - peel and cut as for cucumber shopping list
- 3 fresh large red chilies - discard seeds and cut as for cucumber shopping list
- Half a small yam bean (turnip/jiacama) - peel thickly and cut as for cucumber shopping list
- 3 shallots - peel shopping list
- 2 fat cloves garlic- peel shopping list
- 3 fresh red chilies - discard seeds shopping list
- 1 cm piece fresh turmeric-scraped shopping list
- 2 level tbs toasted white sesame seeds shopping list
- salt and sugar to taste shopping list
- white vinegar to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Put shallots, garlic, red chilies and turmeric in a pestle and mortar and pound to a smooth paste. You may prefer to use a blender but this is too small an amount for most blenders to process without using too much water.
- Heat 3 tbs oil in a wok or deep pan and when hot, put in the spice mix and stir over high heat for about 3 minutes.
- Tip in the vegetables and turn off the heat. Add sugar, salt and vinegar and mix well. Taste and keep adding salt, sugar and vinegar till you get a pleasing balance of sweet, salty and sour. Add half the sesame seeds and mix.
- Transfer to a serving bowl/dish and sprinkle with the remaining sesame seeds. Serve.
The Cookdanadooley Singapore, SG
The Rating5 people
OH wow... I like.. thanks!linebb956 in La Feria loved it
oh thank you sweetie that is an awesome post and is on the menu for this week!!!!ravenseyes in Belcamp loved it
This looks awesome... on my list for sure!jo_jo_ba in Oshawa loved it