Banana Foster Upside Down CakeFrom cajunspices66 7 years ago
- Topping - shopping list
- 1/3rd cup melted butter shopping list
- 1 cup packed brown sugar shopping list
- 2 tsp cinnamon shopping list
- 2 tsp rum extract shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 3 bananas sliced shopping list
- cake - shopping list
- 1 yellow cake mix shopping list
- 2 eggs shopping list
- 1 cup skim milk, or 1 1/2 cup whole milk shopping list
- 8 tbs (1 stick) melted unsalted butter shopping list
How to make it
- Melt 1/3rd butter for topping and pour in the bottom of a rectangle baking pan. Add the brown sugar, vanilla, rum, and cinnamon and stir with a fork. Add sliced bananas.
- In a large bowl mix the cake mix, eggs, melted stick of butter and milk with an electric mixer, about 3 minutes. Batter should be smooth. Pour over banana topping mixture and bake at 350 deg for 40-45 min.
- Run a knife along the edges and invert onto serving plate. Cake should release, if not let it rest until it does.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.
- This can also be made in a large cast iron skillet.
The Cookcajunspices66 Pineville, LA
The Rating9 people
What is this??? I can say DIVINE!!! thanks for share it....berry in Riverside loved it
Honey, your recipes are fantastic and this is sublime!!! Wow, just wow! Can't wait to serve this to company.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
I've had Banana Foster once in my life...it was to die for...can not wait to try this!! ;)angelgal in New Philadelphia loved it