Key Lime Cream Cheese Pound CakeFrom chefmeow 6 years ago
- 3-1/4 cups cake flour shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2-1/4 sticks unsalted butter shopping list
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened shopping list
- 3 cups granulated sugar shopping list
- 6 large eggs shopping list
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 3 tablespoons key lime juice shopping list
- 2 teaspoons very finely grated lime zest shopping list
- Confectioners' sugar for garnish shopping list
- Glaze: shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup key lime juice shopping list
How to make it
- Have all ingredients at room temperature.
- Position oven rack in lower third of oven and preheat to 325.
- Grease and flour a tube pan.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt then set aside.
- With electric mixer fitted with flat beater beat butter and cream cheese at medium speed.
- Add 3 cups sugar and beat until fluffy then stop mixer and scrape bowl occasionally.
- Add eggs 1 at a time beating well after each addition then beat in vanilla and lime juice.
- Reduce speed to low then fold in flour, baking soda and salt mixture in 3 additions.
- Blend well after each addition just until smooth then stop mixer and scrape bowl.
- Fold in lime zest then spoon batter into prepared pan making sides higher than in center.
- Bake for 1-1/2 hours then cool upright in pan on rack for 10 minutes.
- Invert cake onto cooling rack with waxed or parchment paper placed underneath rack.
- Glaze cake on serving plate and dust with powdered sugar.
People Who Like This Dish 13
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating9 people
Any thing with Key Lime is a definate winner. Have to try this one soon. New to me. Thanks for a great post.dottiet in Woodward loved it
Oh this sounds so yummmy!grandmommy in Nashville loved it
I happened to be 'noodling' around
and found this 'LIMEICIOUS' Cake~
~*~mj~*~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!