French Onion SoupFrom silverqueen 9 years ago
- 1 each yellow, white and red onion, sliced shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. garlic, crushed shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 3 Tbsp. sherry shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups beef broth shopping list
- 1 spring thyme shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- toasted baguettes slices shopping list
- 1-1/2 cup swiss cheese, divided shopping list
- 1/2 cup Parmesan , shredded, divided shopping list
How to make it
- Sweat onions and garlic in oil in large pot over medium heat, covered for 10 minutes. Uncover, increase heat to medium high and cook until onion is caramelized, stirring for 20 minutes
- Deglaze with wine and sherry.
- Increase heat to high ans simmer to evaporate liquids, stirring often. Stir in flour and cook 1 minute longer.
- Add broths and rhyme, simmer 10 minutes, season with salt and pepper nd remove the thyme sprig.
- Preheat the broiler to high.
- Divide the soup among 4 oven safe bowls, top each with baguette slices and some cheeses.
- Place bowls on a baking sheet lined with nonstick foil and broil until golden, 3 to 4 minutes.
People Who Like This Dish 17
The Cooksilverqueen Albany, GA
The Rating6 people
Sounds delicious!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
This sounds soooo good. Thank you.ruskingirl in Harrison Twp loved it
love the combination of various onions in this one! one of my fave soups!!sparow64 in Sweetwater loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!