The Baked FlounderFrom noir 6 years ago
- * 2 lemons, sliced into 1/4-inch-thick rounds shopping list
- * 2 medium onions, sliced into very thin rounds (8 ounces ea.) shopping list
- * 4 tablespoons unsalted butter shopping list
- * 1 cup dry white wine shopping list
- * 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme, plus 4 sprigs shopping list
- * coarse salt and freshly ground pepper shopping list
- * 4 six-ounce flounder fillets (or other white fish) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Arrange lemons and onions in a 9-by-13-inch glass baking dish.
- Dot with butter; add wine and 1/4 cup cold water.
- Sprinkle with chopped thyme; season with salt and pepper.
- Bake until onions are soft and translucent, about 40 minutes.
- Remove baking dish from oven.
- Arrange fish fillets over lemons and onions.
- Season fillets with salt and pepper.
- Scatter thyme sprigs over fish.
- Baste fish with a little cooking liquid.
- Bake until fish is just opaque and cooked through 16 to 18 minutes.
- Do not overcook.
- Serve fish with cooked onions ands lemons.
The Cooknoir Boston, MA
The Rating10 people
I bet this is a really pretty dush when it's done!
Great post! Thanks!pat2me in Nashua loved it
Can't get enough fish in one's diet!*wink*pink in USA loved it
Wonderful recipe. I love the flavors. Thanks for postingcoffeebean53 in Charlotte loved it