Deviled ChickenFrom chihuahua 9 years ago
- 1/4 C all-purpose flour shopping list
- 1 tsp. cayenne pepper, (can be adjusted to taste) shopping list
- 1 tsp. paprika shopping list
- 12 ounces skinless, boneless chicken, diced shopping list
- 2 Tbs. butter shopping list
- 1 onion, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 C milk, warmed shopping list
- 4 Tbs. apple Sauce shopping list
- 3/4 C grapes (White or Red) shopping list
- 2/3 C sour cream shopping list
How to make it
- Mix the flour, cayenne, and paprika together and use to coat the chicken all over.
- Shake off any excess flour.
- Melt butter in a saucepan and gently fry chicken with the onion for 4 minutes.
- Stir in flour and spice mixture and gradually blend in the milk, stirring until the sauce thickens.
- Simmer until the sauce is smooth.
- Add the apple sauce and grapes and simmer gently for 20 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken and deviled sauce.
- Top with sour cream and sprinkle with paprika.