Mexican Chocolate Icebox CakeFrom lunasea 9 years ago
- 60 sponge-cake-type ladyfingers (from three 3-ounce packages) shopping list
- 2 3/4 cups chilled whipping cream shopping list
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons powdered sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1 ounce semisweet chocolate, grated shopping list
How to make it
- Line bottom of 9-inch-diameter springform pan with ladyfingers.
- Line sides of pan with ladyfingers, standing ladyfingers side by side and rounded side out.
- Stir 3/4 cup whipping cream, unsweetened chocolate and 1/4 cup sugar in heavy small saucepan over low heat until chocolate melts and mixture is smooth. Remove saucepan from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Using electric mixer, beat 1 cup powdered sugar, butter and 1 teaspoon vanilla in large bowl until blended.
- Beat in cooled chocolate mixture.
- Combine remaining 2 cups cream, 2 tablespoons powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla and cinnamon in another large bowl.
- Using clean dry beaters, beat until firm peaks form. Fold half of whipped cream mixture into chocolate mixture.
- Spread half of chocolate filling in ladyfinger-lined pan. Top with layer of ladyfingers, then remaining chocolate filling.
- Pipe or spread remaining whipped cream mixture over filling.
- Sprinkle with grated semisweet chocolate.
- Refrigerate until firm, at least 3 hours. (Can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and keep refrigerated.)
- Remove pan sides from cake and serve.
The Cooklunasea Orlando, FL
The Rating11 people
This is an incredible cake recipe! Thanks!cakelady in Murray loved it
this is very good, in Mexico we have a special chocolate which is still artsanal, and the flavor is almost exact as with the mixture of chocolate and the cinnamon.congrats!magali777 in Mexico loved it
Wow... Vicky... this is a beautiful work... and seems delicious... thans for share it!berry in Winter Park loved it