Chicken and Butter Bean GravyFrom petunia97 5 years ago
- 3 lbs. of chicken, cut up( you can use boneless, skinless to make it lowfat) shopping list
- 1 cup of chopped onion shopping list
- 1 cup of chopped bell pepper shopping list
- 1 can of Rotel tomatoes( make it as spicy as you like) shopping list
- 3 cans of lima beans OR you can use frozen shopping list
- salt & pepper to taste shopping list
- Make a roux using 1/2 cup of oil and 1/2 cup of flour shopping list
- OR you can use 1/2 cup of dry roux + 1 cup of water shopping list
How to make it
- Make your roux in a small pot
- Brown chicken in a large heavy pot and remove the chicken
- Saute onions & bell pepper
- Add the roux and the Rotel tomatoes to the onion mixture.
- Stir well and add chicken and about 4 cups of water
- Also add salt to taste and pepper.
- Cook until beans are tender ( if using frozen)and chicken is done.
- About 45 mins.
- Serve over rice along with cornbread, yum!!!!
The Cookpetunia97 Gonzales, LA
The Rating3 people
I cannot WAIT to try this. You can believe it will be on our dinner table within the next two weeks. Thanks for a great share. I rated it a 5! - Susanasusana in Mandeville loved it
Can't wait to try it. I give it a big five. Thanks :)
donman in Hammond loved it
P.S. In your opinion which is better, the caned or the frozen beans?donman in Hammond loved it