Bacon And Scallion Mashed PotatoesFrom angelamarquardt 7 years ago
- 2 lbs. potatoes-peeled, cut into 1'' cubes shopping list
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled shopping list
- 5 pieces bacon, cut into half inch strips shopping list
- 1 C. thinly sliced scallions shopping list
- 1/2 C. milk (your choice) Warmed shopping list
- 1/2 C. sour cream (reg. or low-fat) shopping list
- 1 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper shopping list
How to make it
- In large pot, cover potatoes and garlic with salted water. boil until fork tender.
- Fry bacon pieces until crisp, and drain on paper towel.
- Pour out all but 1 tsp. bacon greasefrom pan, (Alter to how much you want in recipe).
- too grease, add scallions, saute until soft, but not brown. Add bacon.
- Drain potatoes, and return to pot.
- Mash potatoes with milk, sor cream, salt, and pepper. Stir in bacon, and scallions.
- Reheat if necessary, before serving