Shrimp Quesadillas with Mango SalsaFrom shandy 7 years ago
- mango Salsa: shopping list
- 2 mangoes, diced shopping list
- 1 fresh jalapeno chile, stemmed, seeded, and finely diced shopping list
- 1/2 medium-size red onion, diced shopping list
- 1 T. freshly squeezed lime juice shopping list
- 1/4 t. salt shopping list
- 1/4 c. bottled Thai-style chili sauce shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 2 T. chopped fresh cilantro shopping list
- Quesadillas Ingredients: shopping list
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined shopping list
- 1 t. salt shopping list
- 1/4 t. cayenne pepper shopping list
- 2 T. olive oil shopping list
- 1 medium-size yellow onion, sliced shopping list
- Dash of worcestershire sauce shopping list
- Dash of hot pepper sauce, such as Tabasco shopping list
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1/2-inch slices shopping list
- salt and freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 8 (8-inch-diameter) flour tortillas shopping list
- 2 c. shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
How to make it
- To make the Salsa: Combine the mango, jalapeno, onion, lime juice, salt, chili sauce, garlic, and cilantro in a medium bowl. Cover and refrigerate for up to 2 days or until ready to serve.
- To make the Quesadillas: Rub the shrimp evenly with salt and cayenne. In a large saute pan, spray with a non-stick cooking spray and set over medium-high heat, saute the shrimp 1 to 3 minutes, until they curl and turn pink. Remove the shrimp from the heat and set aside in a large bowl.
- In a separate saute pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion, Worcestershire sauce, and hot sauce and saute about 5 minutes. Add the bell pepper and continue cooking about 5 minutes longer, until the onions are brown and caramelized. Remove the onion mixture from the heat and stir in salt and pepper to taste.
- Coat a griddle or large saute pan with cooking spray or a thin layer of olive oil and place it over medium-high heat. Once the griddle is hot, arrange 2 tortillas in a single layer. Sprinkle 1/2 c. cheese evenly over each. In another large saute pan or if there is room on the griddle, arrange 2 more tortillas and divide the shrimp mixture among them. Once the cheese has melted, flip the cheese tortillas over onto the shrimp tortillas, making 2 quesadillas. If you don't have enough room on the griddle or on the stove top to work with 2 pans simultaneously, wait until the cheese has melted on the first 2 tortillas, top the cheese with the shrimp mixture, and then cover with the other two tortillas. Cook them, flipping occasionally, until they are golden brown and crispy on both sides, about 5 minutes total. Repeat for the remaining tortillas and filling. Cut the quesadillas into quarters and transfer them to serving plates. Serve immediately with the mango salsa.
The Cookshandy Port Orchard, WA
The Rating7 people
These sound and look very tasty! Thank you Shandy! Your on a roll posting recipes!michellem in Idaho loved it
ohhhh my goodness, Shandy, did you have to post this recipe? i AM ON A DIET! AND I AM HUNGRY! i should thank you for sharing, so i will, being a polite person *gg* - but if i break my diet tonight, i'll hold you personally responsible! hugs to you, ...morekochhexe in Butzbach loved it
Got my five. Thanks :)donman in Hammond loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!