Marinated OlivesFrom lunasea 5 years ago
- 1/2 cup fresh tarragon leaves shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh thyme leaves shopping list
- 5 flat anchovy fillets shopping list
- 2 cups drained brine-cured black olives such as Kalamata and/or Niçoise shopping list
- 2 cups drained brine-cured green olives such as picholine shopping list
- 1 cup extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced fennel bulb (sometimes called anise) shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced onion shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic shopping list
- 1 tablespoon anise seeds shopping list
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds shopping list
- 2 teaspoons dried basil, crumbled shopping list
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 2 to 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Chop tarragon and thyme and mince anchovies.
- In a deep bowl stir together all ingredients except vinegar.
- Marinate olive mixture, covered and chilled, stirring occasionally, at least 6 hours and up to 3 days.
- Bring olive mixture to room temperature before proceeding.
- To serve olives, transfer to a bowl with a slotted spoon and drizzle with vinegar to taste.
People Who Like This Dish 14
The Cooklunasea Orlando, FL
The Rating7 people
sounds goodcheryilyn in Salem loved it
My mouth is watering just reading. Thanks Lunny.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
Yum Vickie! I can just taste a fresh chunk of chewy bread dipped in the oil of this recipe. This is a bursting with flavor 5!grandmommy in Nashville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!