CHICKEN MARSALA SANDWICHFrom desertgal 6 years ago
- 1/4 cup olive oil shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour shopping list
- salt and pepper, if desired shopping list
- 1 lb chicken breast cut for scaloppini by butcher (or 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts pounded to 1/8-inch thickness) shopping list
- 1 can (6 oz) Green Giant® B in B® sliced mushrooms, drained shopping list
- 1/2 cup marsala (sweet) wine or apple juice shopping list
- 1 can (18.5 oz) Progresso® vegetable Classics French onion soup shopping list
- 4 kaiser rolls shopping list
- 4 oz Fontina cheese, sliced, shaved or grated* shopping list
- 1 tablespoon parsley flakes, if desired shopping list
How to make it
- In small microwavable bowl, mix oil and garlic. Microwave on High 1 minute; set aside. Place flour on plate; stir in salt and pepper. Coat chicken with flour, shaking off excess.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet (1 1/2 inches deep), place 1 tablespoon of the heated oil without garlic pieces. Heat oil over medium-high heat 1 to 2 minutes or until hot but not smoking. Add chicken, cutting large pieces in half, if necessary, so all chicken fits in skillet; cook 4 to 6 minutes, turning once, until no longer pink in center and golden brown. Remove chicken from skillet; place on plate and cover to keep warm.
- In same skillet, cook mushrooms over medium-high heat 1 minute, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated. Stir in wine and soup with heatproof rubber spatula or wooden spoon to scrape up brown bits from bottom of skillet. Cook 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly heated.
- Meanwhile, set oven control to broil. Split rolls; place cut side up on large cookie sheet. Broil 6 to 8 inches from heat 1 to 2 minutes or until toasted and golden brown. Brush cut sides with remaining oil mixture with garlic pieces; top evenly with fontina cheese. Broil 30 to 60 seconds or until cheese is melted.
- Return chicken to skillet. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer uncovered 2 to 3 minutes, turning chicken occasionally, until chicken is coated with sauce. Divide chicken evenly among rolls. With slotted spoon, divide mushrooms and onions over chicken. Pour wine sauce into 4 (4-oz) ramekins or dipping bowls. Sprinkle parsley on individual plates; place sandwiches and ramekins of sauce for dipping on plates.
The Cookdesertgal Billings, MT
The Rating4 people
this sounds greatcheryilyn in Salem loved it
Love Chicken Marsala so this must be great!grandmommy in Nashville loved it
I fixed this for dinner tonight and it was amazing! Not only yummy, but but it looks great to. Even my 5 year old grandson loved it. Good job!sherrylovesapple in Austin loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!