Harissa-Crusted Tri-Tip RoastFrom lunasea 6 years ago
- 1 3/4 teaspoons caraway seeds shopping list
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 6 garlic cloves shopping list
- 1/4 cup chili paste (such as sambal oelek)* shopping list
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin shopping list
- 1 1/4 teaspoons chili powder shopping list
- 1 1 3/4- to 2-pound tri-tip beef roast, most of fat layer trimmed shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Toast caraway seeds in small nonstick skillet over medium heat until seeds darken and begin to smoke, stirring often, about 5 minutes.
- Add olive oil and garlic cloves to caraway seeds in skillet. Cover; remove from heat. Let stand 1 minute.
- Pour caraway mixture into processor. Add chili paste, tomato sauce, cumin, and chili powder and blend until garlic cloves are pureed. Season harissa to taste with salt.
- Sprinkle beef all over with salt and pepper; place beef, fat side down, on rack on rimmed baking sheet. Spread with half of harissa.
- Turn beef over; spread remaining harissa over top and sides.
- Roast beef until thermometer inserted into center registers 125°F to 130°F for medium-rare, about 35 minutes. Let rest 10 minutes. Slice and serve.
- *Available in the Asian foods section of my supermarket and at my local Asian markets.
People Who Like This Dish 6
The Cooklunasea Orlando, FL
The Rating9 people
Yeah GF, this works.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
Always a pleasure to see what ya got cookin :) I always know it's gonna be good and this one is no different. Thanks for another great post. Of course it gets my 5 ;)danadooley in Singapore loved it
Another great one Vicky... I love these flavors... I love picture too... so, another 5 for you!berry in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!