Mexican PizzaFrom silverqueen 5 years ago
- 1-1/4 cups cornmeal shopping list
- 1-1/4 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 2 tsp. baking powder shopping list
- 1-1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 2/3 cup milk shopping list
- 1/3 cup butter, melted shopping list
- 1/2 lb. ground beef shopping list
- 1/2 lb. bulk pork sausage shopping list
- 1 can (6-oz.) tomato paste shopping list
- 1 can (14-1/2 oz.) diced tomatoes undrained shopping list
- 1 envelope taco seasoning shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese shopping list
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese shopping list
- 2 cups lettuce shopping list
- 1 cup sliced fresh tomato shopping list
- 1/2 cup sliced ripe olives shopping list
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 400*F.
- In a large bowl, combine the cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt. Add milk and butter, mix well.
- Press onto a 14" pizza pan.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until edges are light brown. Cool.
- In a large skillet cook beef nd sausage over medium heat until no longer pink, drain. Stir in the tomato paste, canned tomatoes, taco seasoning and water, bring to a boil, simmer uncovered for 5 minutes.
- Spread over the crust.
- Combine cheeses, sprinkle 2 cups over the meat layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheeses are melted.
- Top with lettuce, fresh tomatoes, olives, onions and remaining cheese
The Cooksilverqueen Albany, GA
The Rating7 people
Definitely one for my recipe files. Thanksnlo209 in Toronto loved it
Wow... I love this recipe... just that I would add fresh guacamole on the top, Mmmmm... Thanks for share it!berry in loved it
Thanks for sharing will try it soon--- will however omit the sausages
love the idea of the "lettuce salad on top "healthy pizza"....my kids can eat a lot of this without knowing it is healthy l.o.l.:}
have a blessed day
Mumtazmumtazcatering in Gauteng loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!