Banana Rum Cream PieFrom lunasea 6 years ago
- 1 1/4 cups graham cracker crumbs from 9 (4 3/4 - by 2 1/4-inch) crackers shopping list
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- 1 teaspoon curry powder (preferably Madras) shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 cup packed dark brown sugar shopping list
- 8 oz cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh lemon zest shopping list
- 1 cup chilled heavy cream shopping list
- 4 teaspoons dark rum shopping list
- 4 firm-ripe bananas shopping list
- ~~~~ shopping list
- Needed: a 9-inch pie plate shopping list
How to make it
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350°F.
- Stir together crumbs, butter, curry powder, cinnamon, and 2 tablespoons brown sugar in a bowl with a fork until combined well.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon crumb mixture for garnish and press remaining crumb mixture evenly onto bottom and up side of pie plate.
- Bake crust 10 minutes, then cool completely in pie plate on a rack, about 20 minutes.
- Beat together cream cheese, zest, and remaining 6 tablespoons brown sugar in a bowl with an electric mixer at high speed until light and fluffy, about 1 minute.
- Beat cream with rum in another bowl with cleaned beaters at medium speed until it holds soft peaks.
- Gently stir one third of whipped cream into cream cheese mixture to lighten, then fold in remaining whipped cream gently but thoroughly.
- Thinly slice bananas and arrange evenly over bottom of crust.
- Spread all of cream filling over bananas, then sprinkle reserved crumb mixture over top.
- Chill pie, loosely covered, 20 minutes.
The Cooklunasea Orlando, FL
The Rating11 people
Oh now this sounds to good! Double yummmmmmm! got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it
*Boink .... THUD*danadooley in Singapore loved it
There you go again Vickie, another exciting and exotic dessert! I love bananas and cream. I am eager to see what the curry flavor does for this. Thanks for the recipe and have a wonderful day.Marciamao65 in Griffith loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!