Teriyaki Pork Chops with Zesty ApplesauceFrom chefjeb 6 years ago
How to make it
- Pour one-half cup teriyaki marinade over chops in plastic bag and refrigerate for one hour. Turn bag over several times.
- Peel, quarter and core apples
- Combine with brown sugar and one tablespoon marinade and one tablespon waterin saucepan.
- Cover and cook over low heat for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally to break up apples. Stir in green onions. Cook for another 10 minutes covered.
- Remove from heat and set aside
- Remove chops from refrigerator and reserve marinade
- Place chops on rack of broiler pan and broil for four minutes
- turn cops over and brush with reserved marinade. broil for another 4 or five minutes or until thermometer registers 145. Chops will continue cooking after removing from heat and will be medium. For medium rare (slightly pink) remove at 140. Above 145 they will become dry and overcooked. Nap with applesauce and serve