Coconut Flavoured Sesame Mochi BallsFrom kidaria 6 years ago
How to make it
- Shape the bean paste into 1-2 cm balls and put it in the freezer to harden.
- Mix flour, salt, coconut milk and water to create a wet but workable dough.
- Make 4-5 cm dough balls from this mixtures and leave to rest on a lined cookie sheet for 15 minutes.
- Press down with lightly floured thumbs to create a tiny indentation. Put bean paste in and work dough around to cover the bean paste.
- Re-roll to create a ball.
- Coat the ball with sesame seeds and repeat with other portions. Heat oil in a deep wok on high heat, when oil is hot, reduce heat to medium and drop in the sesame coated balls in small batches.
- Make sure they are thoroughly covered with hot oil. Move them around gently to allow them to cook evenly.
- The balls should expand slightly and float to the surface.
- Scoop and drain on paper towel when golden.
The Cookkidaria BC, CA
The Rating10 people
OMG! I grew up eating this and I absolutely LOVED it!!! I can't for the life of me imagine that someone in Canada had a plate of these beauties in her kitchen, fresh and hot from her stove lol I'd give these a bagful of 5s if Robbie would let me ;) T...moredanadooley in Singapore loved it
Oh, I would love these! Got my 5shirleyoma in Cove loved it
I was looking for something different and I find your wonderful mochi balls! Great presentation, Kidaria! I love your yummy recipe! Thanks!pariscipes in Paris&Lyon loved it