Sonofabitch Stew Old West Trail RecipeFrom mystic_river1 9 years ago
How to make it
- Kill off a young steer.
- Cut up beef, liver and heart into I -inch cubes; slice the marrow gut into small rings.
- Place in a Dutch oven or deep casserole.
- Cover meat with water and simmer for 2 to 3 hours.
- Add salt, pepper and hot sauce to taste.
- Take sweetbreads and brains and cut in small pieces. Add to stew. Simmer another hour, never boiling.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating3 people
Don't think I could eat everything in this but love the history. Thanks M.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
I must say my eyes bugged out when I saw the title of this recipe. Then I was intrigued. I found the story behind it fascinating. I have a book written by Bret Harte called Gold Rush filled with short stories such as "The Outcasts of Poker Flat" a...morechihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!