Beef StroganoffFrom auntybea 7 years ago
- 1 lb. beef sirloin or tenderloin, cut into 1/4" x 1" pieces shopping list
- 2 tbsp. butter shopping list
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped white onion shopping list
- 1 garlic clove, minced shopping list
- 3 tbsp. flour shopping list
- 3 tbsp. butter shopping list
- 1 tbsp. tomato paste (I use 1 tbsp. ketchup) shopping list
- 1 10 oz. can beef broth shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 2 tbsp. sherry shopping list
How to make it
- Brown meat quickly in a hot skillet and remove to casserole dish.
- Reduce skillet heat and add mushrooms, onions and garlic (add more butter if necessary).
- Cook 3 to 4 minutes until onion is clear.
- Remove and add to the casserole dish.
- Now make the sauce in the skillet by melting the butter, adding the flour, salt and tomato paste.
- Stir in beef bouillon and sherry and cook until thick.
- Add to casserole dish and mix all together.
- Bake at 350 for one hour, checking to ensure sauce doesn't become too thick or dry. If it does, add extra beef broth.
- When ready to serve, add the sour cream and heat in 275 oven for 30 minutes to warm through. Don't boil once the sour cream has been added or it will curdle.
- Serve over buttered broad noodles. Sprinkle with caraway seeds if desired.
People Who Like This Dish 22
The Cookauntybea Vernon, Canada
The Rating7 people
This is exactly what I was looking for! Thanks so much and have a wonderful day!hollymayb in Baltimore loved it
Yum.jenniferbyrdez in kenner loved it
I just love a good stroganoff!liezel in Bloemfontein loved it