Honey NougatFrom greekgirrrl 7 years ago
- almond oil or a neutral-tasting oil for greasing the baking sheet shopping list
- 1 cup honey shopping list
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup shopping list
- 3/4 cup heavy cream shopping list
- 3/4 cup whole almonds, toasted shopping list
- 3/4 cup shelled pistachios shopping list
- 3/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted shopping list
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped candied orange or tangerine peel shopping list
- A few drops orange flower water shopping list
How to make it
- Lightly grease a baking sheet with almond oil or a neutral-tasting oil.
- Measure the honey, corn syrup, and heavy cream into a heavy 4-quart saucepan, and cook, stirring occasionally and monitoring the temperature with a candy thermometer, until it reaches 265°F.
- Remove from the heat and quickly stir in the nuts, citrus peel, and orange flower water. Spread the hot nougat evenly onto the greased cookie sheet and cool completely before slicing.
- Cut into 1-inch squares with a large chef’s knife brushed with a small amount of oil. Store in an airtight container.
The Cookgreekgirrrl Huntington Village, NY
The Rating5 people
WOW orange flower water adds a nice touch to this recipe...love the pistachios ..everything actualy
Michaeltrigger in loved it
Looks great and delicious!! I love it - thanks so much for sharing. 5!lunasea in Orlando loved it
sounds delicious!magali777 in Mexico loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!