My Fathers Potato SoupFrom grandmacooks 8 years ago
- 4 cups potatoes, peeled & cubed (1 inch) shopping list
- 1 cup celery, sliced (3/4 inch) shopping list
- 1 cup onions, finely chopped shopping list
- 2 cups water shopping list
- 2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1 cup milk shopping list
- 1 cup whipping cream shopping list
- ¼ cup butter, melted shopping list
- 3 tablespoons dried parsley flakes shopping list
- ¼ tsp pepper shopping list
How to make it
- Put the potatoes, celery, onion, salt and water in a large Dutch oven or other heavy pan on top of stove.
- Cover pot and simmer for 20 minutes or until potatoes are tender (it's okay if they start to fall apart).
- Mash the mixture once or twice with a potato masher, but leave plenty of potato chunks.
- Stir in remaining ingredients and cook (do not boil) and stir until soup is heated completely.
- Serve hot.
The Cookgrandmacooks Somewhere In , VA
The Rating5 people
It sound like your father was a great cook! I like this.bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
True comfort food at it's best! Great recipe!linebb956 in La Feria loved it
I love potato soup and your's goes to the top of my list. Thanks for a great 5 fork winner.laadeedaa in loved it