6 Quick Options For Cornish Game HensFrom mrspotatohead 8 years ago
- See below shopping list
How to make it
- Start with four hens weighing 1 to 1-1/4 pounds each and a quick fix of your choice below.Roast the hens at 375 degrees F. for about 1 hour, or until the juices run clear when a thigh is pierced with a knife and a meat thermometer registers 170 degrees F.
- Citrus Glaze
- Mix 1/4 cup thawed, frozen orange juice concentrate, 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, and 2 tablespoons honey until well blended. Brush the glaze over the hens during the last 15 to 20 minutes of roasting.
- Asian Accent
- Mix 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 tablespoons chicken broth, and 1 teaspoon sesame oil. Brush the mixture over the hens and pour a little into the cavities before roasting as directed above.
- Apricot Glaze
- In a small bowl, mix 1/2 cup apricot jam, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard, and 2 tablespoons honey. Roast hens as directed. Brush the apricot glaze over the hens during the last 15 to 20 minutes of roasting.
- Rub the outside of the hens with a cut lemon and brush with melted butter. Place one lemon half and sprig of fresh basil into each cavity. Roast as directed.
- Coat the outside of each hen with about 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard. Sprinkle with a mixture of dried tarragon, basil and thyme. Roast as directed. Deglaze the pan with 3/4 cup white wine and serve with the pan juices.
- Mix 2 tablespoons minced fresh garlic, 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme, 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary, and 2 teaspoons finely chopped sage. Loosen the breast skin of each hen and rub one quarter of the mixture under the skin of each bird. Roast as directed.
The Cookmrspotatohead Minneapolis, MN
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!