Wild Mushroom FrittataFrom mystic_river1 8 years ago
- 12 eggs shopping list
- 3/4 cup creme fraiche, divided shopping list
- 1 cup grated pecorino romano cheese shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 tablespoon butter shopping list
- 2 cups thinly sliced shallots (about 5 to 6) shopping list
- 6 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced shopping list
- 2 cups cleaned, sliced mushrooms, wild if available, such as chanterelles or morels (cultivated types such as cremini may be combined or substituted) shopping list
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives shopping list
- sea salt shopping list
How to make it
- Whisk together the eggs, one-fourth cup creme fraiche and the cheese until thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet or cast iron pan over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and butter and heat until the butter bubbles but is not yet turning brown. Add the shallots and garlic and cook over medium to medium-low heat until tender and beginning to brown, about 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and thyme and cook until the mushrooms are tender, about 2 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Stir the egg mixture to recombine, then pour it over the mushroom mixture. Reduce the heat to medium-low. Use a rubber spatula to even out and distribute the mushroom-shallot mixture. Cook until the bottom is set and the edges begin to shrink a little, about 5 to 8 minutes. Meanwhile, set the oven rack at least 6 inches away from the broiler and heat the broiler.
- When the bottom is set, finish the frittata by broiling briefly until the top is just set, 1 to 2 minutes. Do not brown.
- Remove the frittata from the oven and loosen it from the pan with a spatula. To serve, cut into wedges and top each with a dollop of creme fraiche and a sprinkling of chopped chives and sea salt.
The Cookmystic_river1 Bradenton, Florida
The Rating7 people
now this looks really good..would go well after a lond weekend night..........hahahahhahagrizzlybear in loved it
great post thank youpeetabear in mid-hudson valley loved it
wild mushroom anything is good. This is good stuffmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it