Chicken Tikka MasalaFrom pleclare 7 years ago
- 2Tbs. unsalted butter shopping list
- 11/2tsp each garam masala,garlic puree and minced fresh ginger shopping list
- 1(14oz) can fire roasted diced tomatoes,drained well shopping list
- 1(15oz.) jar tikki masala cooking sauce shopping list
- 1/2c unsweetened coconut milk shopping list
- 11/2lb. boneless,skinless chicken breast,cut in 2" chunks(I use thighs) shopping list
- 1c diced onion shopping list
- 1/4c chopped cilantro shopping list
- Accompaniments: cooked basmati rice with green peas and cucumber raita(recipe follows shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in a large skillet over med-high heat;add chicken and cook 4 mins,turning pieces as they brown(can give dark meat a little longer) (pieces will still be raw in the middle);remove to plate
- Add onion,garam masala,garlic and ginger to the skillet;saute 5 mins or till onion is translucent. Stir in tomatoes and saute 2 mins longer.
- Add tikka masala sauce and bring mixture to a boil;cover slikket and simmer 10 mins.Add chicken to the sauce and stir in coconut milk. Continue to simmer,uncovered 5 mins.,or until chicken is just cooked through. Stir in cilantro. Serve over cooked basmati rice with green peas and Cucumber raita.
- Cucunber raita: Coarsely grate 1/2 long,seedless cucumber and squeeze out most of it's water. Combine in a bowl with 1c thick Greek yogurt and 1/2tsp. each salt,cumin.and dried mint.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating5 people
I love this. We have a restaurant called "Moon under Water" that serves this as their signature dish. It is wonderful. Now, I can make it at home. YUM.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
Sounds like heaven!mrspotatohead in Minneapolis loved it
Sounds yummy. Just bought some chic breasts, will have to try. Thanks!kimmer in Dunedin loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!