Chicken Tikka MasalaFrom pleclare 6 years ago
- 2Tbs. unsalted butter shopping list
- 11/2tsp each garam masala,garlic puree and minced fresh ginger shopping list
- 1(14oz) can fire roasted diced tomatoes,drained well shopping list
- 1(15oz.) jar tikki masala cooking sauce shopping list
- 1/2c unsweetened coconut milk shopping list
- 11/2lb. boneless,skinless chicken breast,cut in 2" chunks(I use thighs) shopping list
- 1c diced onion shopping list
- 1/4c chopped cilantro shopping list
- Accompaniments: cooked basmati rice with green peas and cucumber raita(recipe follows shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter in a large skillet over med-high heat;add chicken and cook 4 mins,turning pieces as they brown(can give dark meat a little longer) (pieces will still be raw in the middle);remove to plate
- Add onion,garam masala,garlic and ginger to the skillet;saute 5 mins or till onion is translucent. Stir in tomatoes and saute 2 mins longer.
- Add tikka masala sauce and bring mixture to a boil;cover slikket and simmer 10 mins.Add chicken to the sauce and stir in coconut milk. Continue to simmer,uncovered 5 mins.,or until chicken is just cooked through. Stir in cilantro. Serve over cooked basmati rice with green peas and Cucumber raita.
- Cucunber raita: Coarsely grate 1/2 long,seedless cucumber and squeeze out most of it's water. Combine in a bowl with 1c thick Greek yogurt and 1/2tsp. each salt,cumin.and dried mint.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookpleclare Framingham, MA
The Rating5 people
Sounds yummy. Just bought some chic breasts, will have to try. Thanks!kimmer in Dunedin loved it
Sounds like heaven!mrspotatohead in Minneapolis loved it
I love this. We have a restaurant called "Moon under Water" that serves this as their signature dish. It is wonderful. Now, I can make it at home. YUM.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!