Elegant Thick French ToastFrom marky90 9 years ago
- 5 eggs shopping list
- vegetable oil for your skillet shopping list
- 2/3 cup half and half shopping list
- 1/3 cup triple sec shopping list
- Finely grated zest of 1 orange shopping list
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon shopping list
- 8 thick slices of day-old bread, better if slightly stale.. (Texas toast white bread works great) shopping list
- maple syrup (Warmed) shopping list
- Fresh berries ( Optional) shopping list
- butter shopping list
- powdered sugar (of Course) shopping list
How to make it
- Beat eggs and milk together. Add the Triple Sec, orange zest, and cinnamon. Whisk until well blended. Pour into a shallow bowl.
- Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture, allowing bread to soak up some of the mixture. Melt some butter (or use vegetable oil) over a skillet on medium high heat. Add as many slices of bread onto the skillet as will fit at a time. Fry until brown on both sides, flipping the bread when necessary.
- Serve hot with butter, maple syrup, and Thick Smoked Bacon.
- Fresh Berries on the side..
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookmarky90 Dearborn, MI
The Rating5 people
Ah, yes. Very nice and elegant not to mention delicious and lovely! (Can you tell I like french toast?)chihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
WOW! This sounds awesome! :) TY! :) My Mom used to put orange juice with the egg for French toast---it was really good, too! Hope you have a good day, Marky! :)
~Melindabakermel in Topeka loved it
Wow, this sounds sooooooooo good, great post, you got my 5.henrie in Savannah loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!