Elegant Thick French ToastFrom marky90 5 years ago
- 5 eggs shopping list
- vegetable oil for your skillet shopping list
- 2/3 cup half and half shopping list
- 1/3 cup triple sec shopping list
- Finely grated zest of 1 orange shopping list
- 2 teaspoons of cinnamon shopping list
- 8 thick slices of day-old bread, better if slightly stale.. (Texas toast white bread works great) shopping list
- maple syrup (Warmed) shopping list
- Fresh berries ( Optional) shopping list
- butter shopping list
- powdered sugar (of Course) shopping list
How to make it
- Beat eggs and milk together. Add the Triple Sec, orange zest, and cinnamon. Whisk until well blended. Pour into a shallow bowl.
- Dip each slice of bread into the egg mixture, allowing bread to soak up some of the mixture. Melt some butter (or use vegetable oil) over a skillet on medium high heat. Add as many slices of bread onto the skillet as will fit at a time. Fry until brown on both sides, flipping the bread when necessary.
- Serve hot with butter, maple syrup, and Thick Smoked Bacon.
- Fresh Berries on the side..
The Cookmarky90 Dearborn, MI
The Rating5 people
Ah, yes. Very nice and elegant not to mention delicious and lovely! (Can you tell I like french toast?)chihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
WOW! This sounds awesome! :) TY! :) My Mom used to put orange juice with the egg for French toast---it was really good, too! Hope you have a good day, Marky! :)
~Melindabakermel in Topeka loved it
Wow, this sounds sooooooooo good, great post, you got my 5.henrie in Savannah loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!