Chocolate Pots De CremeFrom kathye 5 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F.
- Melt the chocolate with 1/2 cup of the cream in a 2-quart saucepan over low heat or in a double boiler.
- Combine the remaining 1 cup cream, the milk, and sugar in a saucepan and warm over medium-low heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Whisk the egg yolks in a medium bowl, then slowly stir in the warm cream mixture.
- Pour the resulting custard through a fine sieve into the melted chocolate and stir to combine.
- Divide the mixture among 6 custard cups (or French glass custard cups suitable for the oven) and place them at least 1 inch apart in a baking pan. Add enough hot water to the pan to reach just under the lip of the cups.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until the custards are just set at the edges. they will continue to cook after you remove them from the oven, and the chocolate will set as it cools.
- Take care not to overcook; this custard is best when slightly soft.
- Loosely cover and refrigerate until cold, at least 4 hours.
- Makes 6-8 servings depending on the size of the custard cups.
People Who Like This Dish 10
The Cookkathye MD
The Rating8 people
This is first class cooking ,decadent and delicious it smells fantastic while it is cooking and looks remarkable when finished.
you get my 5
Michaeltrigger in loved it
I agree with trigger, first class cooking! Brilliant!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
Wonderfully made. Thanks for the post. Cheers!dottiet in Woodward loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!