Layered Mexican Tortilla PieFrom dariana 8 years ago
- 1 pound lean ground beef shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh garlic shopping list
- 2 tablespoons taco seasoning mix shopping list
- 12 ounces (3 cups) Monterey Jack and/or cheddar cheese, shredded shopping list
- 8 (10-inch) flour tortillas shopping list
- 1 (10-ounce) can enchilada sauce shopping list
- 1 (16-ounce) can refried beans shopping list
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can chopped green chiles shopping list
- 1 small (1/2 cup) tomato, chopped shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sliced pitted ripe olives shopping list
- sour cream shopping list
- Finely chopped fresh cilantro, if desired shopping list
How to make it
- Heat oven to 375°F. Spray 12-inch pizza pan with no-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cook ground beef, onion and garlic in 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is browned (5 to 7 minutes); drain. Stir in taco seasoning mix; set aside.
- To assemble, place 1 tortilla on 12-inch pizza pan; spread with about 2 1/2 tablespoons enchilada sauce, leaving 1-inch around edge of tortilla. Repeat with second tortilla and sauce. Top with half the beef mixture and 1 cup cheese. Place 1 tortilla on top; spread with sauce. Top with 1 tortilla spread with refried beans and chiles. Repeat layers of 2 more tortillas and sauce; top with remaining beef mixture and 1 cup cheese. Place last 2 tortillas and remaining sauce over beef, ending with sauce.
- Bake 30 minutes. Top with remaining cheese. Continue baking for 8 to 10 minutes or until cheese begins to melt. Sprinkle with tomato and olives. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting into wedges with serrated knife. Garnish with sour cream and cilantro.
People Who Like This Dish 43
The Cookdariana IL
The Rating5 people
Yuuuummmmmmmmyyy!!!foodandaflick in Overland Park loved it
Dariana, I made this tonight and it was delicious! I'll post a pic. It doesn't look as fancy as yours, but I really enjoyed making it.canzi in San Diego loved it