Amarillo QuesadillasFrom tippystclair 7 years ago
- 1 ¼ cups monterey jack cheese or white cheddar cheese, coarsely grated shopping list
- ½ cup sour cream shopping list
- 2 scallions, both white and green parts, trimmed and thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 tomato, finely diced shopping list
- ¼ cup cilantro leaves, fresh shopping list
- 12 to 16 pickled jalapeno chilies, chopped shopping list
- ½ teaspoon cumin, ground shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste shopping list
- 8 flour tortillas (8 inch) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven broiler and broiler pan (leave it under the broiler until ready to cook.
- Combine the cheese, sour cream, scallions, tomato, cilantro, chilies, and cumin in a small bowl and stir to mix. Add salt and pepper and stir.
- When ready to cook, lay 4 tortillas out on worktop and spread them evenly with the cheese mixture. Press the remaining tortillas on top to make a sandwich. Place one on the hot broiler pan and broil until lightly browned on both sides, 2 to 4 minutes per side, turning carefully with a large spatula (you may have to use two spatulas).
- When done, place quesadillas on a pizza pan or large serving plate and cut each into 8 wedges for serving.
- Makes 32 wedges. Serves 8 as an appetizer or 4 as a light entrée.
- Note: For spicier quesadillas use chopped fresh jalapenos, with or without the seeds.
People Who Like This Dish 6
- mommyluvs2cook Santa Fe, TX
- a1patti Salem, MA
- notyourmomma South St. Petersburg, FL
- dtour Somewhere In Florida, FL
- minitindel THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY, CA
- chihuahua Sonoma County, USA
- choclytcandy IN
- pinkpasta Upstate, SC
- amethyst0x Perth, CA
- hayleesgrandma Waldron, AR
- Show up here?Review or Bookmark it! ✔
The Cooktippystclair North Hollywood, GB
The Rating6 people
I love quesadillas, thanks for this one ;)hayleesgrandma in Waldron loved it
I too LOVE quesadillas! This sounds GREAT!chihuahua in Sonoma County loved it
I LOVE QUESADILLAS YUM AND MORE YUMminitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!